image via noaa.gov
In honor of Earth Day today below is a list of simple items we all can do to help our homes be a little more green. We're all doing our best but, if you're like me, there's certainly more we can be doing. Please leave a comment with some of your favorite green-techniques.
- Recycle, recycle, recycle! The city bins are a lot cheaper than your trash bin and you'll be amazed at how much you contribute each week.
- Use Environmentally-friendly cleaners. They're not only better for the environment but much better for your family's health. We love Method products and Costco's Environmentally-friendly laundry detergent.
- Plant a garden! We're still working on setting ours up but really looking forward to it.
- Start a compost. Free fertilizer for your garden and a great way to get rid of kitchen scraps.
- Donate old clothing and unwanted items to local charity groups. Your junk could easily be another one's treasure.